The PBM hospital Bikaner stands for the Prince Bijay Singh Memorial hospital. It was founded by His Highness Ganga Singh in 1937. There are two wings of the hospital. The first wing of the hospital is a men’s hospital having 316 beds. While the second wing of the hospital is a women’s hospital having 215 beds.
The hospital was planned to be a government medical college but due to some unforeseen circumstances, it was only opened as a hospital. If at that time the medical college would have been opened then it would have been the 13th medical college of the country. The medical college started in the late 60s in the Prince Bijay Singh memorial hospital.
Later on, PBM hospital Bikanerl was annexed with a specially dedicated ward for tuberculosis treatment that had 92 beds. Along with this, a children’s ward was added. It was all done on the occasion of the golden jubilee of the reign of His Highness Ganga Singh.
As time passed by and the technology advanced, PBM hospital Bikaner added all the latest medical equipment to the infrastructure. The hospital also annexed to itself the Ganga X-ray and radium Institute. It was the first radium institute in North India. In 1943, the hospital started several institutes, X-ray, and a clinical laboratory.
As of now, it is one major hospital of the state with approximately 1900 beds in total. It comprises of a wide range of laboratory and diagnostic facilities. The hospital mainly aims at providing the latest medical services and treatment to the general public of Bikaner and the nearby area. The Maharaja of Bikaner, His Highness Ganga Singh established the hospital for the welfare of his subjects or the people of Bikaner. The establishment also conducts several healthcare drives where general awareness of medical treatment and facilities along with basic health checkup is provided to the poor.
Sorry, there were no items that matched your criteria.